- 20 minutes
- 1 hour
- Wet Rubz Santa Maria Style Marinade
- 2 8 oz Center-Cut Pork Loin
- Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Wild Rice
- 1 oz. Wet Rubz Organic Santa Maria Style Marinade
- 1-3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 bunch Asparagus
- 2 slices Bacon
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Don’t Panic, It’s Organic!
Make your entire meal Organic – all items listed above are available as Certified Organic
1. Place Wet Rubz Marinade (about 4 ounces) and Center-cut Pork Chop in a 1 gallon zip lock or Cryovac bag for 12-24 hours. The longer the better.
2. Remove Center-cut Pork Chop from Bag.
3. Lightly oil large sauté pan and heat on high on stove.
4. Sear the Pork Loin on each side for approximately 2 – 3 minutes on each side. Cook until desired temperature, I recommend 135 degrees.
5. Remove pan from oven and transfer meat to a cutting board, let it rest for 3-5 minutes.
Cooking the Sides
Wet Rubz Santa Maria Wild Rice
1. Add 1 cup uncooked Wild Rice, 1 ¾ cup Chicken Broth, 1 Tablespoon Butter and 1 oz Wet Rubz Santa Maria Style Marinade to small sauce pan.
2. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
1. Prepare Asparagus. Rinse the spears under cool water to remove any grit. Snap off or cut off the bottom inch or so where the tough woody part ends and the tender stem begin.
2. Lightly toss the Asparagus in Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper in large bowl.
3. Take 4-5 Asparagus spears and wrap 1 slice of Bacon in a spiral form working up the asparagus creating a small bunch.
4. Heat sauté pan with Olive Oil on medium high and sear each bunch on all sides until Bacon is crisp and Asparagus is cooked.
Plate – Spoon wild rice on the center of the plate. Place the pork on the rice and top with the bacon wrapped asparagus.
Vegetarian (& Vegan) Option: Skip the Pork Chop! Create a simple dish of Wet Rubz Wild Rice – omit Chicken Stock and add Vegetable Stock; replace Butter with Margarine. Add seared Asparagus in Olive Oil.
Recipe created by Chef Shea Ohlott, exclusively for Wet Rubz Gourmet Sauces