- 24 – 48 hours
- 40 minutes
- Approx 45-55 minutes
- Wet Rubz Santa Maria Style Marinade
- 8 bone Rack of Lamb (split in 2, 4 bone Racks)
- 1 small Yellow Onion
- 2 stocks of Celery
- 2 medium Carrots
- 5 cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Red Wine
- ¼ cup Chicken Broth
For Root Vegetables:
- 1 bunch Baby Turnips (peeled, leaving ½” of greens, cut into ½’s)
- 10 Pearl Onions (peeled)
- 1 bunch baby Chioggia Beets (peeled, leaving ½” of greens, cut into ¼’s)
- 1 bunch baby Carrots (peeled, leaving 1/2’” of greens)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 sprigs of fresh Thyme
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- 2 sprigs Oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Don’t Panic, It’s Organic!
Make your entire meal Organic – all items listed above are available as Certified Organic
1. Place Wet Rubz Santa Maria Marinade (about 1/3 of a bottle) on Rack of Lamb. Be careful not to get the marinade on the bones (for presentation reasons). Place racks in a large glass bowl (bones up), cover with plastic wrap, and marinade in refrigerator for 24-48, hours. The longer the better.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Dice the Onion, Celery and Carrots into medium size pieces. Peel 5 cloves of garlic. Add diced vegetables, Garlic cloves, and 2 sprigs of Thyme & 1 sprig of Rosemary in an oven proof Sauté Pan. Place marinated Lamb over diced vegetables with the bones wrapped in foil (to prevent them from darkening). Roast in a 400 degree oven until the Lamb reaches an internal temperature of 128 degrees (for medium rare), about 30-40 minutes.
4. Prepare Baby Root Vegetables by peeling baby Turnips, Pearl Onions, baby Chioggia Beets, baby Carrots and cutting as directed above in ingredients listing. Peel and mince 3 cloves of Garlic. Toss all vegetables, including 2 sprigs of Oregano and Salt and Pepper in a large bowl with 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil. Spread on a Ceramic Roasting Pan in a 400 degree oven until tender, approximately 20 minutes. Stir vegetables half way through cooking time.
5. Take the Roasting Pan with the Lamb drippings and diced Vegetables and pour into a medium Sauté Pan over Medium High heat. Add ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar; cook until reduced by 2/3. Add ½ cup Red Wine and cook until reduced by half. Add ¼ cup Chicken Broth and simmer for 2 minutes. Strain the mixture with cheese cloth, discarding the vegetables. Pour the A Jus into a small gravy pitcher.
6. Remove the Lamb and let rest on a cutting board tented with foil.
7. Stack the Roasted Vegetable Root medley in the center of 4 plates.
8. Slice the resting Lamb Racks each in half. Lean Lamb across Vegetables, interlocking the bones.
9. Spoon the Balsamic Au Jus around the plate and over the Lamb and Vegetables.
Created by: Chef Shea Ohlott