- 5 minutes
- Varies on size of meat (30-45 minutes on average)
- Tri Tip Loin (usually 5 -6 pounds)
- Wet Rubz Santa Maria Style Marinade
- Trim fat off loin and place in large glass dish or plastic ziploc bag.
- Place marinade and Tri Tip into a 1-gallon freezer bag. Spread marinade over all sides of the meat. Make sure that the meat is generously covered with Wet Rubz marinade. You can also use a glass dish, cover meat generously with marinade then turn over meat and repeat. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Seal bag and refrigerate for 24 hours, the longer you marinate the better!
- (Time saver tip: marinate meat of choice in gallon size zip lock bag, place in freezer. Thaw meat in the morning and you are ready for grilling for dinner).
- Remove meat from refrigerator and let come to room temperature (about 20 minutes). When ready to put on grill, remove from marinade bag.
- Light up your grill – we recommend medium direct heat.
- Cook to your liking – if you like medium well-done, remove meat from barbeque at a temperature reading of 130 degrees.
- Transfer to a cutting board with a well to catch the juices. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Cut across the grain, 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick slices. Serve slices on a warm platter; pour meat juices over the slices. Serves 8-10.
**Want to change things up a bit? Use the same technique on Skirt Steak.