- 1 hour
- 20 minutes
- Wet Rubz Santa Maria Style Marinade
- 1 lb. Jumbo Shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail off) You will need approx 24 Shrimp
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 3 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Corn on the Cob (fresh with husk)
- 2 Red Onions (1 small & 1 medium)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 Cilantro bunch
- 2 Limes
- 2 T. Olive Oil (good quality)
- 1 c. White Vinegar
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Don’t Panic, It’s Organic!
Make your entire meal Organic – all items listed above are available as Certified Organic
1.Place Wet Rubz Santa Maria Marinade (about 4 ounces) and cleaned Shrimp in a 1 gallon zip lock or Cryovac bag for 2-4 hours & refrigerate. (The longer you marinade the Shrimp the more spicy they will be).
2. Prepare Pickled Onions (see “preparing sides”, below)
3. Prepare grill:
A. For Charcoal grills prepare coals so that they are double layered on one side of the grill, and sparsely single layered on the other side of the grill.
B. For gas grills – pre-heat all burners on high heat to start.
4. Prepare Corn Pico de Gallo (see below).
5. Remove Shrimp from bag.
6. Barbeque the Shrimp over high heat until they turn pink and plump (approximately 1 minute on each side).
7. Turn gas grill down to medium heat. Warm corn tortillas (both sides) directly on the grill until warm and so the tortillas have light grill marks.
Cooking the Sides
Pickled Red Onions
1. 1. Cut off both end of 1 medium Red Onion. Remove skin. Cut Onion in half. Slice the Onion as thin as possible. Place onions in small glass bowl.
2. In a small sauce pan add ½ cup Water, 1 cup White Vinegar, ¼ cup Sugar and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and stir, bringing the pickling juice to a simmer, dissolving the sugar completely. Simmer for an additional minute.
3. Pour the Pickling Juice over the sliced Onions.
4. Cover the bowl for at least 1 hour at room temperature.
5. After 1(+) hour, the Onions will turn pink. Chill until use.
Charred Avocado Pico de Gallo
1. Wash Cilantro and towel dry.
2. Grill 1 ear of Corn (husk on) until the husk is dark in color and burnt in spots. Rest to cool to touch.
3. Cut and pit 2 Avocados. Score the cut side of the avocado in a crisscross pattern.
4. Place prepared Avocados flesh side down on grill.
5. Cook until skin is charred black.
6. Scoop Avocado meat into a medium mixing bowl.
7. When corn is cool to the touch, shuck the corn and shave the kernels into the same bowl as the Avocado.
8. Dice 3 Tomatoes. Add to bowl.
9. Cut Jalapeno Pepper in half and remove and discard seeds. Mince Jalapeno. Add a small amount to bowl. (You can add more to your taste)
10. Skin and dice 1 small Red Onion. Add to bowl.
11. Chop Cilantro. Add about 4 Tablespoons to the mixing bowl.
12. Juice (2) Limes and add to mixing bowl.
13. Add 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil to mixing bowl.
14. Mix all ingredients so they are blended well.
15. Add Salt and Pepper to taste. (*At this point you can add more minced Jalapeno if you wish).
Plate – Place 2 warm tortillas on each plate. Add approximately 3 Shrimp per Tortilla. Spoon the Corn Pico de Gallo over the Shrimp. Top the dish with Pickled Onions..
Recipe created by Chef Shea Ohlott, exclusively for Wet Rubz Gourmet Sauces