- 10 minutes
- 20-30 minutes
- Wet Rubz Santa Maria Style Marinade
- 8 oz (preferably Grass Fed) Flat Iron Steak
- 1 lb. Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 bulb Fennel
- 1 med. Yellow Onion
- 2 oz. Wild Mushrooms
- 1 bunch fresh Tarragon
- 3 oz. Chicken Stock
- 1 T. Butter
- Oil with high heat tolerance (such as: Avocado Oil or Organic Grapeseed Oil)
- Salt and Pepper
Don’t Panic, It’s Organic!
Make your entire meal Organic – all items listed above are available as Certified Organic
1. Place Wet Rubz Marinade (about 3 ounces) and Flat Iron Steak in a 1 gallon zip lock or Cryovac bag for 12-24 hours. The longer the better.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Wash Potatoes and pat dry.
4. Thinly slice Fennel and Onion (keep covered in refrigerator until cooking side dishes).
5. Remove Flat Iron Steak from bag.
6. Lightly oil (oven-proof) sauté pan and heat oil on high on stove.
7. Sear the steak on each side for approximately one minute, or until seared.
8. Transfer the pan to oven and finish cooking (in 400 degree oven) until desired wellness. Insert a thermometer to ensure doneness (135°F for medium rare).
9. Lightly oil roasting pan. Add the potatoes seasoned with salt and pepper and roast in a 400 degree oven, approximately 15 minutes.
10. Remove meat from oven and transfer meat dish to a wood cutting board. Let meat rest on cutting board for 3-5 minutes.
11. While meat is resting, proceed to finish cooking the vegetable sides.
12. Lightly oil sauté pan on high heat. Add the roasted potatoes and mushrooms. Sauté until lightly browned.
13. Add the onions and fennel and reduce heat to medium.
14. Once the onions are translucent, add 3 oz Chicken Stock and reduce by half.
15. Finish with adding 1 tablespoon Butter, 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Tarragon and salt & pepper to taste.
16. Cut across the grain, 1/4 thick slices.
17. Plate: Add fingerling potatoes and vegetable mixture in a mound in the center of the plate. Place sliced steak over the mound and serve.