Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time 3-4 hours
1 Whole Roasting Chicken
Wet Rubz Santa Maria Style Marinade
- Wash entire chicken inside and out, drain cavity & pat dry with paper towels.
- Pour Wet Rubz marinade inside cavity and pour over the entire chicken so that it is thoroughly coated.
- Place bird in large glass bowl or large zip-lock bag.
- Cover bowl or seal the bag. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove meat from refrigerator and let come to room temperature (about 20 minutes). When ready to smoke, remove from marinade bag.
- Prepare smoker, we recommend using a mixture of Cherry, Apple and Alder wood chips.
- Smoke Chicken in smoker until the bird’s internal temperature reaches 160-165 degrees. Cooking time will depend on smoker temperature and size of bird. An average bird will take about 3-4 hours.
- Transfer to serving platter. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Cut up and serve chicken on a warm platter. Enjoy!
Submitted by: Chef JoRita Pedersen