- 5 minutes
- 8 minutes
- 4 large Portabella Mushrooms
- Wet Rubz Santa Maria Style Marinade
- Olive Oil
- Wash the Portobello mushrooms in cold water. Gently rinse the gills on the underside of the mushroom. Cut off the end of the stem to remove any dried or hardened section. Let the mushrooms drain, gill side down for 1 minute.
- Pour a few Tablespoons of Wet Rubz Santa Maria Style marinade into a small glass cup. Brush the marinade on the top side of the mushrooms.
- Place the Portobello mushrooms gill side up in a glass dish.
- Pour Wet Rubz Santa Maria Style Marinade into the gills of the Portobello until full and slightly overflowing.
- Add about 1/3 cup more of Wet Rubz Santa Maria style marinade to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Clean and oil the grill.
- Heat the grill to medium using direct heat.
- Before placing mushrooms on grill, discard marinade that is stilling in the “gills”.
- Add mushrooms to grill, bottom side facing grill.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- Using tongs, carefully turn the mushrooms over. Return the mushrooms to the grill, gill side down. Cook for 4 minutes.
This is a great alternative to go along side a steak, as a burger topper, or alone as a delicious grilled Portobello sandwich. This easy recipe will please your vegetarian guests and meat eaters alike.